PRC is seeking a Program Coordinator with a research background to lead on-ground programs, design campaigns, and coordinate activities related to urban agriculture, sustainable mobility, decentralized governance, and other issues under the right to the city framework. The ideal candidate will have at least two years of experience working with civil society organisations, excellent oral and written communication skills, a passion for community engagement and fieldwork, experience producing publication-ready documentation on time, and a willingness to learn, unlearn and relearn.
Roles and Responsibilities
Working from our office in Delhi, you will be responsible for carrying out the organisation’s research agenda and dissemination of findings, identifying new research funding opportunities, and formulating project proposals.
Responsibilities would include some or all of the following:
• Lead and coordinate on-ground programs and campaigns related to urban issues.
• Design and implement action projects that align with PRC’s mission.
• Conduct research to support program objectives.
• Collaborate with the team to develop research grants and establish partnerships.
• Collaborate with other team members to write research grants and assist in establishing new research collaborations
• Translate academic research into publications for various audiences.
• Engage in public outreach, community mobilization, and project management.
The candidate should have a postgraduate degree (sociology, political sciences, social work and similar) from a recognized Indian university/institution. Candidates with a minimum of 2 years of experience in a civil society organisation will be given preference. Candidates with higher academic qualifications are also encouraged to apply even if they do not have any work experience. We also seek the following qualities in candidates –
• Passion for creating just, inclusive and sustainable cities with a democratic, participatory and decentralized governance structure
• Possess strong skills in mobilization, public outreach, project management, and content development, and be comfortable working in a horizontal organization with a small and distributed team
• Proven organizational skills, excellent oral and written communication skills, ability to read policy documents and prepare reports in Hindi and English language
• Passion for issues related to urbanisation, democratic rights of vulnerable groups, and sustainability
• Willingness to learn, unlearn and relearn, and to travel extensively in remote parts of Delhi
The remuneration for the above position will start from to Rs. 30,000/- in line with internal policies and with the potential for growth based on performance .
PRC provides a safe working environment for all its employees, follows the principle of equal opportunity and encourages women and other marginalized gender applicants to apply. We will be following a systematic selection process to fill this position based on experience, competency, suitability, aptitude to work with our programmes and in-depth knowledge of the thematic areas we work. Only shortlisted candidates will be invited for an interview.
Please send your résumé along with a cover letter stating why the position is of interest latest by 6 November 2023.
Note: People’s Resource Centre is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based on gender, caste, religion, ethnicity, age, marital status, disability, personal appearance, or sexual orientation. We are committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace where our differences broaden our understanding and enrich our experiences.
People’s Resource Centre aims to build new infrastructures of solidarity with the valuable fragments of learning derived from collective actions everywhere and the possible alternatives imagined by all people. The initiative seeks to explore the possibilities of bringing the resources back into the people’s robust control and to understand whether and how that can eradicate the most persistent problems such as hunger, homelessness, ambient pollution, and social injustices based on caste, gender, religion, and so on. PRC engages with movement groups and communities in places with ongoing or potential struggles over resources and regularly undertakes policy monitoring, research and documentation, and grassroots networking to generate resources for collective resistance and creative action.