Applications Open for Internship
Job Title: Research Interns (5 positions)
Duration: Full-time internship for a minimum of six weeks; expect at least 30 working hours per week
Locations: Delhi, Varanasi, Patna, Ranchi, Gaya,
Stipend: INR 10000 per month (additionally, a limited amount of travel expenses will be eligible for reimbursement)
People’s Resource Centre (PRC) is looking for research interns to contribute towards its ongoing action research projects in different Indian cities. The internship programme is open for under-graduate/post-graduate students, and it promises them an opportunity to supplement their academic knowledge with a fieldwork experience.
Applications Open Throughout The Year
Duties and Responsibilities
● Field visits in urban, periurban and rurban settings for collecting qualitative data, and conducting preliminary analysis of the collected data to create a narrative research output
● Documentation of knowledge: Selected candidates must submit a detailed report at the end of the internship period. This will be mandatory before the release of the stipend
● Contribute to social media communication and website/blog content development
Qualifications & Competencies
● Bachelor’s degree or higher in any discipline (including those currently enrolled in a university programme)
● Good communication and writing/documentation skills in Hindi and English (and preferably also in local languages)
● Open to travel and stay in resource-less settings, and willingness for independent interaction with communities and citizen groups
● Must value the interdisciplinary and community approaches of knowledge generation
● Desire to work in a cooperative, horizontal, mutually educational atmosphere for learning and evolution of personality
● Ability to learn, unlearn and relearn
How to apply
Kindly send your CV with a covering note (in Hindi or English) in not more than 800 words to firstname.lastname@example.org. In the covering note, please tell us briefly about your background and kindly mention the reasons for your interest in this internship. Do mention “Internship Application” in the subject line. In case of queries, kindly mention “internship query” in the subject line.
There is no deadline to apply for the internship.
Please note that:
1. You can send your application along with the latest CV and cover letter anytime.
2. The internship work will be based in one of the cities mentioned above.
3. Candidates having their own accomodation in any of these cities will be preferred
4. Only the shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interview
5. If the quality of work is satisfactory, interns may expect a placement offer from PRC