Applications Open for Internship
Job Title: Research Interns
Duration: Full-time internship for a minimum of two months; expect at least 30-35 working hours per week
Locations: Preferred locations are cities in these states: Bihar, Delhi, Gujarat, Jharkhand, Madhya Pradesh, Maharashtra, Uttar Pradesh.
Stipend: INR 10000 per month (additionally, a limited amount of travel expenses will be eligible for reimbursement)
People’s Resource Centre (PRC) is looking for research interns to contribute to its ongoing action research projects in different Indian cities. The internship programme is open for undergraduate/post-graduate students. This Internship promises them an opportunity to supplement their academic knowledge with fieldwork experience. Applicants should be committed to working in cities in these states – Delhi, Bihar, Maharashtra, Jharkhand, Madhya Pradesh, Uttar Pradesh, Gujarat. The internship work will be based in one of the states mentioned above. Candidates having their own accommodation in any of these cities will be preferred.
Duties and Responsibilities
● Field visits in urban, peri-urban and rural settings for collecting qualitative and quantitative data, and conducting preliminary analysis of the collected data to create a narrative research output.
● Documentation of knowledge: Selected candidates must submit a detailed report at the end of the internship period. This will be mandatory before the release of the stipend
● Contribute to social media communication and website/blog content development
Qualifications & Competencies
● Bachelor’s degree or higher in any discipline (including those currently enrolled in a university programme)
● Good communication and writing/documentation skills in Hindi and English (and preferably also in local languages)
● Open to travel and stay in resource-less settings, and willing for independent interaction with communities and citizen groups
● Must value the interdisciplinary and community approaches of knowledge generation
● Desire to work in a cooperative, horizontal, mutually educational atmosphere for learning and evolution of personality
● Passion for issues related to the urbanisation, democratic rights of vulnerable groups, and sustainability
● Ability to learn, unlearn and relearn
People’s Resource Centre does not discriminate based on gender, caste, religion, ethnicity, age, marital status, disability, personal appearance, or sexual orientation.
We are committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace where our differences broaden our understanding and enrich our experiences.
How to apply
Please send your CV along with a brief cover letter describing your interest in this position. Please email this to email@example.com with "internship" in the subject line.
In the covering note, please tell us briefly about your background and kindly mention the reasons for your interest in this internship.
In case of queries, kindly send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org and please mention “internship query” in the subject line.
Additional Skills (preferred but not compulsory)
● Data Analysis, programming language (basic knowledge of R, Python) and statistical analysis using MS Excel, Stata or SPSS)
● Advanced remote sensing, GIS mapping.
● Ability to create visual or audio content for social and environmental causes.
● Photography, video creation or poster-making
Please note that:
1. The internship work will be based in one or more of the cities in the states mentioned above.
2. Candidates having their own accomodation in any of these cities will be preferred.
3. Only the shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interview.
4. If the quality of work is satisfactory, interns may expect a placement offer from PRC.
5. Multilingual speakers are strongly encouraged to apply.