Applications Open for Internship (Deadline: 15 August 2023)
Job Title: Research Intern
Duration: Full-time internship for a minimum of 3 months
Locations: Delhi, India
Stipend: 10,000 per month
Duties and Responsibilities
As a research intern, you will work closely with our team to:
1. Support with ongoing and upcoming research projects on urban agriculture, city-river relationships, urban livelihoods, and more
2. Conduct desk research, analyze data, prepare reports, and other written material
3. Provide support in conducting fieldwork, community engagement, anchoring discussions for public meetings organized by the organization, and similar research activities
4. Create informative materials for social media engagement
5. Contribute to the organization's mission of creating resilient, self-reliant, and inclusive cities.
Qualifications & Competencies
- Enrolled in or recently completed a degree in Urban Studies, Sociology, Political Science, Journalism, or related fields.
- Strong passion for learning about creating inclusive, sustainable, and self-reliant urban environments.
- Experience with writing reports, analyzing data, and conducting field research.
- Excellent communication and writing skills.
- Ability to work collaboratively in a diverse team and independently when required.
People’s Resource Centre does not discriminate based on gender, caste, religion, ethnicity, age, marital status, disability, personal appearance, or sexual orientation.
We are committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace where our differences broaden our understanding and enrich our experiences.
How to apply
To apply, please submit the following documents
- An updated resume highlighting your relevant experience, skills, and education.
- A brief statement of interest explaining why you are excited about the internship and how it aligns with your career aspirations.
- Samples of any relevant work or research projects (if available).
Send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org, and please mention “internship query” in the subject line.
Application Deadline: 15 August 2023
Additional Skills (preferred but not compulsory)
- Advanced remote sensing and GIS mapping.
- Ability to create visual or audio content for social and environmental causes.
- Photography, video creation or poster-making
Please note that:
1. Only the shortlisted candidates will be contacted for an interview.
2. If the quality of work is satisfactory, interns may expect a placement offer from PRC.
3. Multilingual speakers are strongly encouraged to apply.