Applications Open for Summer Internship-2020
Job Title: Research Interns (5 positions)
Duration: Full-time internship for a minimum of six weeks starting from May 25, 2020; expect an average of 40 working hours per week
Locations: Mumbai, Bangalore, Pune, Hyderabad, Ranchi
Stipend: INR 5000 (in addition to that, travel expenses and accomodation will be taken care of by PRC)
Applications open till: April 20, 2020
People’s Resource Centre (PRC) is looking for research interns to contribute towards its ongoing action research project on urban agriculture in Indian cities. The internship programme is open for under-graduate/post-graduate students and recent graduates, and it promises them an opportunity to supplement their academic knowledge with a field work experience.
Duties and Responsibilities
● Field visits in urban, periurban and rurban settings for collecting qualitative data, and conducting preliminary analysis of the collected data to create a narrative research output
● Documentation of knowledge: Selected candidates must submit a detailed report at the end of the internship period. This will be mandatory before the release of stipend amount
● Contribute to social media communication and website/blog content development
Qualifications & Competencies
● Bachelor’s degree or higher in any discipline obtained, preferably with demonstrated research writing abilities
● Good communication skills, in Hindi and English (and preferably also in local languages), with comfort in independent interacting with local communities
● Open to travel and stay in resource-less settings
● Must value the interdisciplinary approach of knowledge generation and capacity building
● Desire to work in a cooperative, horizontal atmosphere of critical learning and constructive evolution
● Ability to learn, unlearn and relearn
How to apply
Kindly send your CV with a covering note of not more than 1500 words to email@example.com. In the covering note, please tell us briefly about your background and mention the reasons for your interest in this internship. Kindly mention “Internship-2020” in the subject line. In case of queries, kindly mention “internship queries” in the subject line.
The deadline to apply for the internship is April 20, 2020.
Please note that:
1. Only the shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interview
2. The internship work will be based in one of the five cities mentioned above.
3. Candidates having their own accomodation in any of these cities will be preferred
4. The stipend (INR 5000) will be provided after the assessment of the work output
5. If the quality of work is satisfactory, interns may expect a placement offer from PRC