We synthesize the ideas and scholarly research on alternative models of development, systematize the state of the art, update theories with recent findings in the global south region, and publish cohesive proposals and commentaries to help create conditions wherein egalitarian and resilient urban systems can take shape.
- In recent years, a new generation of river-related developmental projects has received a strong push from central and state governments. After dubious claims of success in riverfront development projects on the Sabarmati river, the policymakers are now ready with recommendations for urban river management and […]Continue reading
- Urban farming is taking place in one form or another in different countries, arising out of variegated needs under diverse contexts. In India, especially in Delhi, urban and peri-urban farming is responsible for fulfilling a significant part of the city’s food needs and acts as […]Continue reading
- [पहले दिन के कार्यक्रम को हिंदी में पढ़ने के लिए यहाँ क्लिक करें] Session-1 Directions for New Urbanism The introductory session of Farming the City 21 will be centred around the idea of how modern capitalist cities are the engines of multifaceted crisis which is […]Continue reading
- Another City Is Possible: A Discussion Series Exploring Ideas for New Urbanism Session 1: Democratising urban governance People’s Resource Centre invites you to a webinar discussion on why and how to democratise city planning and governance. We will discuss ideas for a decentralised, participatory and […]Continue reading
- [To read a slightly edited version in English, please click here] प्रोफेसर दिनेश मोहन, हमारे डीएम सर, ने सुबह आखिरी सांस ली. देश-दुनिया में कितने ही लोग, ताकतवर और मजलूम सभी, उनको जानते थे. लेकिन सुबह की खबर के बाद से सोचता जाता हूँ कि […]Continue reading
- New Delhi, April 1, 2021 To Hon’ble Lt. Governor of Delhi Re: Requesting recognition and inclusion of farming in Master Plan of Delhi 2041 In the context of the ongoing process of preparing the Master Plan of Delhi-2041, we would like to share with you […]Continue reading